Thinking of joining the AWC Gothenburg? It’s a great way to meet new people, have access to a great network of women, and find a piece of home away from home.
We invite you to join us at any meeting or activity before becoming a member. Once you are ready to officially join the club, annual dues are only 300SEK (about $30USD).
Submit an application
Benefits of the club:
- AWCG provides an instant social support circle for new members in the region.
- Our monthly meetings are filled with informative topics such as filing taxes abroad and citizenship. In past meetings, we have done fun activities like yoga and have even given ourselves pedicures!
- Activities such as movie nights, craft nights, book club, charity events, tours, and a playgroup for small children provide social opportunities for all our members.
- The club is a network. We aim to keep our members informed and connected to the Gothenburg community. Because of the diversity of our membership, you can be assured there is always someone who can help answer your questions.
- Members are American citizens, former American citizens, and women married to Americans. AWCG is also a member of the Federation of American Women’s Clubs Overseas (FAWCO), providing us with ongoing information relevant to all American women living abroad.
- Even if you are already familiar with Sweden, you will appreciate the chance to socialize, speak English, and laugh with fellow American women.
- With membership, you will be linked in with a network of contacts available through our online members-only directory. You will also receive the monthly newsletter and updates about upcoming events and activities.
AWCG was founded in 1948, and although we constantly adapt to new ideas and changes, the opportunity to meet and socialize with other Americans remains constant.